These activities included:
- A seminar on modern welding technologies offered by our SME student chapter S324 in collaboration with Atlas Pacific Engineering. Ross Cohlmia from UCD and John Warren from Atlas Pacific presented the seminar to an audience of local industry members (Tivoli, 02/10/2012).
- Rafael Sanchez, associate professor in mechanical engineering, and student Shannon K. Peterson at UCD, presented a seminar and workshop on 3D Printing and reverse engineering to an audience of SME industry members and ME students (10/19/12).
- A S324 student team participated at the SME Manufacturing Challenge Contest sponsored by SME at WESTEC 2012 at Los Angeles Convention Center (03/27-03/29/12). SME provided $1000 trip expenses.
- Upon recommendation of the S324 faculty advisor and the SME local chapter, SME provided two scholarships for our S324 students. Carl Simonsen and Alexander Tomaszewicz were each awarded the 2012 Helton Scholarship.
- The SME Denver local chapter and the S324 UCD chapter organized and visited several plant tours, including blood transfusion equipment manufacturer Terumo BCT (03/2012), Orthopedic Medical manufacturer SYNTHES (04/2012), Norgren, USA (05/2012), Stranahan’s Colorado Distillery (09/12) ABC Die Cutting and Embossing (12/14/ 2012).
At the CU Denver College of Engineering, Design and Computing, we focus on providing our students with a comprehensive engineering education at the undergraduate, graduate and professional level. Faculty conduct research that spans our five disciplines of civil, electrical and mechanical engineering, bioengineering, and computer science and engineering. The college collaborates with industry from around the state; our laboratories and research opportunities give students the hands-on experience they need to excel in the professional world.