Tau Beta Pi, the engineering honor society, has named five Laureates in the Association’s annual program to recognize gifted engineering students who have excelled in areas beyond their technical majors. The 2013 Tau Beta Pi Laureates are Michael R. Lacey, a recent graduate from The Citadel, cited for his diverse achievements; Darick W. LaSelle, a graduate of the University of Colorado Denver, cited for his service contributions; Benjamin B. Macy, a graduate of Valparaiso University, cited for his service contributions; Glenn M. Miltenberg, a 2013 graduate of the United States Air Force Academy, cited for his achievements in athletics; and Adam R. Pizzaia, a graduate of Rutgers University cited for his diverse achievements. Continue reading “LaSelle named Tau Beta Pi Laureate”
Darick LaSelle, senior in electrical engineering, has been appointed to the inaugural Tau Beta Pi national Student Advisory Board. The Student Advisory Board is responsible for providing advice and recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Supports the Association in identifying strategic initiatives that would improve the appeal of membership to candidates and chapter operations
- Provides a student perspective on proposed initiatives of the Executive Council or the Executive Director
- Identifies areas of potential improvement with TBP programs and member benefits and offers opinions regarding priorities
- Shares issues and concerns being faced by the Collegiate Chapters that require addressing by Headquarters or the Executive Council
- Works with the Executive Director to enhance resources used by Collegiate Chapter officers
CU Denver’s Tau Beta Pi (TBP) chapter has received a Chapter Recognition Award and has been awarded the district conference for 2013—it will take place Feb. 22 – 24. To make the most of this opportunity, TBP is also hosting an Engineering Job fair during the same weekend.
“The recognition award is ‘recognition’ on two fronts,” says Darick LaSelle, TBP chapter president. “One is the recognition of our growth as a chapter, and the second is a monetary award to help increase campus and community recognition of our chapter.”
For more information about the job fair, email email@example.com.